The 2023 Season Is Over - The 2024 Calendar is posted below.
Have a great off season!
If you're a male 30 years or older and are interested in playing slo-pitch softball in Oakville then CLICK HERE TO JOIN
Or you can navigate to the 'Contact' menu above and select "Join the League". From there, complete and submit your application.
Once you have submitted the form we will contact you with additional details and payment instructions.
January 4, 2024 - Registration for returning fulltime players begins. An email will be sent to fulltime returning players with further details on that date.
January 15, 2024 - New player registration begins (see link above).
Note: Even if you only want to spare this is a good time to register. (no cost for spares)
April 20, 2024 - Ratings Day (see info below)
April 25, 2024 - Draft Night.
April 28, 2024 - Exhibition Games.
April 30, 2024 - Regular Season Begins.
May 4, 2024 - Saturday morning batting practice and/or pickup games begin.
August 20, 2024 - Playoffs begin.(barring any schedule delays during the season)
September 8, 2024 - Sunday night games moved to Sunday afternoon.
**Note**: - Sunday night games will switch to Sunday afternoon at 1pm and 3pm for the remainder of the season .
September 29, 2024 - Playoffs end.
October 6, 2024 - Golf day and dinner banquet, silent auction
Note: The above dates and activities are subject to change depending town permits and/or weather related challenges.
About The League
- The Abbey Oaks Slo Pitch League was formed in 1985.
- Pitching is "unlimited arc"
- We use 11 players on the field instead of the traditional 10 players.
- We draft new teams every season. (no "team" entries)
- All players are guaranteed significant playing time regardless of ability.
- Each team plays twice per week, resulting in a 28 game regular season schedule.
- Each team is guaranteed 6 playoff games.
- ***NOTE: Every attempt will be made to get the full regular season schedule and playoff games in however some situations outside of our control
(i.e. covid-19 restrictions or unusual weather) may force us to reduce the length of the regular season and/or playoffs.)
- Game times are as follows:
- Sunday (either 9:00am, 11:00am, 7:00pm or 9:00pm)
- Tuesday (7:00pm or 9:00pm) or
- Thursday (7:00pm or 9:00pm).
- Saturday mornings when needed
Note 1: No games are scheduled on long weekends.
Note 2: The playoffs will feature more daytime games on the weekend whenever possible.
We will hold a mandatory assessment day for players new to the league on Saturday April 20th, 2024 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Glen Ashton Park, East Diamond.
Location: 1051 Glenashton Drive, Oakville, Ontario L6H 5M1.
If you are a new player and cannot attend the assessment day you will not be eligible to play as a full time player in 2024 unless alternate arrangements are made
with the Abbey Oaks Executive.
If you have any questions about the league, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.